Earn: PrepareRI Interns are paid $11.25/hour and can work up to 240 hours. You could earn college credits and up to $2,700 during summer of 2019.
Learn: PrepareRI Interns learn critical work-readiness skills, explore careers and learn about real workplace expectations. Earn college credits.
Connect: PrepareRI Interns make connections with top RI employers and peers. Get a jump-start on your career and build your resume.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is looking for 300 high school juniors who want to have a paid summer work-based learning internship.
We ask students to agree to the following:
- Apply by February 1, 2019: Students must complete the online application. Application period is December 3, 2018 – February 1, 2019.
- Attend Orientation and Interview Sessions: Dates will be shared once you apply.
- Work Readiness Bootcamp: Students required to attend a 40-hour work readiness bootcamp June 24 – 28, 2019
- Summer Internship: Students must work in their internships for a minimum of 150 hours and maximum of 240 hours between July – August 2019
What Students Are Saying About PrepareRI
- PrepareRI Internship Program Manual
- Career Interest Survey
- Encuesta de Interes de Grupos de Carreras
- Career Enhancement Resource Packet
For questions about applying to the program, please contact Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-680-5960